[VAC] Awning Question

Many of you seem to have awnings, so I'd appreciate
some advice.  My Overlander has an A&E awning.  My
parents never removed this for winter storage or
anything like that.  It looks to me like it could use
some repair and I really feel that it would be better
routinely to store it off the trailer in the
"non-travel" months.

It looks like you could remove the caps at the end of
the arms and just lift out the roller. It seems as
though it should be "relaxed" in the rolled up state.
The tricky part looks to be sliding the beaded edge of
the canvas out of the tunnel which is attached to the
trailer -- definitely a two-person job.  Have I
assessed this correctly?

Any suggestions about awning care would be much
appreciated.

Joel

=====
******