[VAC] Is My Univolt Doomed

Hi everyone,

I have just managed to get shore power to my 1972 Tradewind. Am I
correct in thinking that the univolt should charge the battery and run
the 12v systems? If so can I run the 12v systems without a battery
attached?

My univolt is doing neither.  I have used a digital voltmeter on the
battery and it's not being charged and I know the univolt is not running
the 12v systems because as the battery level goes down so does the
brightness of the lights.

The 12v lights/water pump/furnace fan continue to run from the battery
and I am getting power to the 110v outlets in the trailer.

I don't want to get into a discussion about the best replacement unit
because I can't afford one.

With the help of a gentleman from the Airstream forums I did some
troubleshooting. I removed all the fuses and cleaned and reseated them.
I checked they were all OK. Is there anything else I can do/check? The
univolt is behind/part of the panel that holds the fuses and looks
awkward to get out of the small space it's in (Bathroom closet). Is
there any point in taking it out, maybe there is something obvious to
look for inside the univolt?

Thanks
Mel and Sheila
'72 Trade Wind