[VAC] Re: Three way light switch

Greetings Bob!

While I cannot claim to be a purist in regard to restoring my Overlander,
this is one area where I stayed with the stock fixtures.  I work under
flourescent lights all day and I refuse to have any such fixtures in my home
or RV.  My father reminds me of the litany of advantages for flourescents
every time that I refuse to install one in any of my rental houses, but I
don't feel that the cost savings outweigh the inability to use a dimmer with
such fixtures nor does it overcome the harsh and unpleasant characteristics
of the light produced.

I purchased new covers from Inland RV for the fixtures in my '64 Overlander
and couldn't be happier.  The new lenses/shades are made of superior
materials when compared to the originals and are a very brilliant white
color.  I have had my lenses/shades for almost a year, and I even purchased
a couple of spares for future insurance.

The switch must still be available as Ace Fogdall RV (Iowa's Airstream
Dealer) replaced the switches on two of my fixtures less than a year ago.  I
am assuming the three position switch for my '64 couldn't be too much
different from the 3-position switch in your '66.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Towcar in Training)