[VAC] Re: Bowen hot water/Bay Breeze AC

Yes, I just changed out a Bowen for a 6gal. Atwood on my 63.
I'll try to remember the steps, mine came out very nice.

1. to get the Bowen out I took the outer rectangular housing off the tank
and removed the tank from inside.
2. blocked under the Atwood with a treated 2x and shimmed up the back so the
face plate would line up flush with the outside of the trailer.
3. took measurements for the inner original cover and cut to fit.
4. assembled the inner cover and heater out on the ground, then reinstalled.
5. strapped the new heater to the floor w/ original aluminum strap, new
blocks and screws.
6. flipped over and trimmed the top inner cover to fit the Atwood exhaust
and installed.
7. bent the tabs out on the exhaust flue on the outer cover, and reinstalled
it on the other side of the outer cover.
8. trimmed the inside of the outer cover to fit new exhaust and installed.

The 10 gal. would not fit my interior configuration but it my fit yours. I
don't think the installation would be any different.
If you decide to go with it and have questions, I check this list daily.

Evans,
62 sovereign