[VAC] Re: RV Licensing and Insurance

Greetings Brad!

I can't speak from experience regarding Minnesota, but at least in Illinois
and Wisconsin the cost for licensing an RV is modest in comparison to
personal automobiles, light trucks, and SUVs.  The limited seasonal use is
already reflected in the cost of the plates - - at least in these two
states.  As for insurance, it too reflects the limited exposure - - for
Motorhomes, my carrier bases liability cost on annual mileage as well as
driver's record, geographic homebase, and value of the rig - - again the
limited use aspect is reflected in the cost.  The other coverages beyond
liability are ongoing as those exposures are present regardless of whether
the rig is on the road or stored.

Good luck with your registration and insurance issues.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet/1975Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Towcar in Training)