[VAC] insulation

Howdy Y'all,
 I have the belly pan down completely on the starboard side of our trailer, whoopee!  Somebody did a tolerable floor repair but I would like to get a welder in to strengthen some rusted areas before I re install belly pan.  Navel jelly and rustoleum are doing great things to all the rusted areas!!! but I worry about some rust near the doorstep weakening the step ( I weigh 210 lbs at 6'2")  Any advice on welding instructions other than "Don't burn down the trailer" ?
   The insulation is missing and I was wondering wht the best replacement would be, I like the concept of foam board, But fear toxic fires etc.  I'm leaning toward fiberglass that has wrapping on both sides for less itchy-scratchy installation. thanx---tod47d