[VAC] Re: Argosy Axle replacement

Henchen, the dura torque axle manufacturer found it too difficult to
maintain
records of axles it manufactured for Airstream products ( according to Jim
Qitzmiller at Henchen) so they chose to only sell axles to Airstream for
units younger than 20 years and to Inland RV for units older than 20 years.
Any order that falls in the specifications for  these axles will be refused
by Henchen, regardless of the ordering firm.  In the case of vintage
Airstreams, there is only one source and that's Inland RV.

As you suspected, things have changed.  Of course, you can order from
Airstream, but if the unit is older than 20 years, you'll be referred to
Inland RV.  If it's less than 20 years, you'll pay between $1200 and $1500
per axle.  Henchen sells to non-Airstream and the price I was quoted was
$350 per axle.  Really grabs me when a replacement item costs so much more
just because it's Airstream.

Then, if you can't afford the price of the rope, you don't belong in VAC?

                                              Regards, Joy