[VAC] Re: Water heater

Dick & Kris,
    As you may have heard I just pulled out my 6 gallon Bowen and replaced
it with a Precision Temp RV-500 which fit easily in the space formerly
occupied by the Bowen tank.  The flush mount system required only a small
cut in the outside hull to fit nicely in the spot previously occupied by the
Bowen access cover.   I also had to add a 3" aluminum strip to fill space,
since the RV-500 is not as wide as the Bowen.

    I now can take showers for as long as I wish and have gas and get a
consistent temperature throughout.  After two weeks of daily showers
averaging about 10 minutes and cooking a few meals I used less than three
gallons of LP gas.  I attribute this economy to an electric pilot which uses
no gas and no tank to keep hot.  Also no tank to build up calcium deposits
and reduced weight for the coach.  The RV-500 was a breeze to install.  I
love this on demand water heater and recommend it highly.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA