[VAC] 1950's taillight wiring

Spent the morning installing my rebuilt Bargman #9 tail-lights and again
came across a question I never remember to ask.

The 1950's trailers with Bargman #9 tail-lights (1954 to 1959 +/-), have
independent wires for the Turn and Stop going to a dual contact base.
The Stop wire is common to the LH & RH side, but the LH & RH Turns are
independent of each other.

The socket bases have dual electrical contacts, but the bayonet sockets
have the slots set at the same height.  I have never seen a dual element
bulb like that, they always are offset - at different heights.

In the past, I have just stuck a standard single contact  bulb in an
ignored the stop wire.

Questions:

Were older cars wired separate for LH turn, RH turn & Stop?

Has anyone seen a dual element bulb with the bayonets at the same height
position?

Anyone do anything different with these style of lights?

Thanks,
RJ
'57 Flying Cloud
'65 Caravel