[VAC] electrical mystery

Hi Wise Ones:

Me and the 67' Globetrotter just got back from a full week at the Burning
Man festival in Nevada's Black Rock desert and ran into an electrical
problem:

After the batter finally died from running the interior lights and water
pump, i tried recharging it via a gas powered generator using an adaptor for
the shore power plug.  It didn't work -maybe too weak a generator -1000
watts.

I dont know if I shorted anything or if this happened for a different
reason, but now the brake lights and turn signals no longer work when
plugged into my Jeep.  I checked the two visible fuses in the battery
compartment, I reset the two circuit breakers in the rear...

What do these symptoms indicate?  I seem to recall something about some
"automatically resetting" breakers somewhere in the system.

Thanks,

Yosef
yos@L3i.com