[VAC] Re: [A/S] Daisy's LED lighting

Hi Tom.

I have two 36 light plastic encased units over the galley area, a strip
of them over the table, and a 12 led lamp in the bathroom on the "night
light " circuit. Also a bayonet base lamp of 8 in one of the reading
lights over the sofa. the light over the door currently has an 18 led
array sitting in it, soon to be replaced by another cast in plastic
unit.

All these came from :

http://www.theledlight.com/

The light they give is cool ( ie bluish, not yellow ish like
incandescents) and very directional so you need ways to difuse the light
for general area lighting. To read by it, you need a big array, or a
medium one that is really close to the page. A bayonet style mounted in
the ceiling fixture needs a reflector of some sort to shine down.

The 18 'er over the door gives more light than the old lamp did. The one
that looks like a regular Edison base light bulb is bright, but it all
comes out the top, so the right type of lamp needs to be used, but it
does work for reading. You can use a regular desk light with an adaptor
to plug into the 12v socket.

These lamps last nearly forever, and draw a tiny fraction of even a low
wattage flourescent, so they are ideal for boon docking situations.

They are ridiculously expensive if you buy them all made up. I'd rather
by this kind of stuff than anything. The next trick is to buy the LED's
unmounted and make them up in the way I want them. You need to add a
resistor to lessen the Ampherage. I need to study on this part more.

Right now, I can do everything but read in bed with just LED's.

I might do some pix, have to see how they come out...

Daisy (73'Ambassador glowing in the dark.)