[VAC] Re: High Mileage Unit

That's a tough question.  I'm just in from spending another 6 hours this
morning of rebuilding the windows on the latest project, the 1957 Flying
Cloud.  About 60 hours down another 180 to go.....

What I'm saying, is after 47 years, everything is going to be in bad
shape unless it has been maintained and used every season for that last
47 years.  The best you can hope for is an "arrested state of decay"
that can serve as a starting point for a restoration.  Unless you want
to make every trip you take a living nightmare, there are very few
vintage trailers that are ready to go with just a little clean-up.

And, I have only seen a few 1950's trailers (those annually maintained)
that do not have significant floor damage. 1960's and 1970's trailers
are getting to be the same.

Why get an old trailer? Only get one if you already have a trailer that
you can use while you spend a few years restoring an old one.  When you
get done, you will have the coolest trailer around, and will give you
great satisfaction and enjoyment.

Best of luck,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com