[VAC] Re: High Mileage Unit

This would be a good one to check for what has been replaced and when
...Are you interested in holding tanks?  Unless a lot of work has been done
on the unit, it would not meet my expectations for an extended stay RV..
More like a hard shell tent with indoor cooking.  When you consider average
mileage on a family car is 10+ thousand per year, 50 years and 400K would
mean that the trailer was behind the car about 3/4 of the time... Thats a
lot of towing...  I had a late 50's unit (in 1963 )and lived in it for 6
months on and off... If you add a furnace and forget about holding tanks,
it can be a fairly nice accommodation in full hookup parks... I added a
forced air furnace complete with ducts (Armstrong I think) and a new air
conditioner and we lived primarily in the South...There were no holding
tanks in my unit...

To make it the equivalent of a modern unit would be a lot of work...(but
doable...)

Jim