[VAC] Re: Remove caulking

Hi Jeanne,

I've not got to sealing the seams on my '69 Safari yet, other than the lower
curves under the trim strips.  However, on the '74 Argosy I have cleaned all
the seams of old paint and rust, etc. and found that a dental tool set does
the best job.  The various tools can cut out the old caulk and pull dirt out
from the lap.  Certainly, the dental tools can scratch, so you must work
slowly and very carefully.

For removing large caulk, I frequently work very carefully with a very sharp
chisel! :(

Most likely I'll compare the sharpened dowel and the nut pick
recommendations with the dental tools when I start on the Safari.

                               Regards, Joy