[VAC] Interesting WBCCI Rally Publication - - 1976

Greetings All!

I just acquired a book unlike any I have run across.  It chronicles the 1976 WBCCI International Rally in Louisville, Kentucky.  This is a hardbound book that is a photo chronicle of events that began with the arrival of participants through the closing ceremony.  There are also articles that chronicle the history of International Rally activities.  There are historical Rally photos beginning with 1958 through 1975 - - most are similar to the aerials sold at current Internationals.  The book is exceptionally interesting due to the number of photos featuring trailers in attendance as well as the tow vehicles - - nearly all seemed to be either full-size GM or Chrysler sedans with a few Mercurys, Suburbans, and Travelalls.  Just through reading this publication, the implication was that these books were published for more than just the 1976 International Rally.  In addition, forms were included in the back of the book to order copies of photos included in the book.  Has anyone encountered similar publications for Rallys of the 1960s or 1970s?  The publication information is as follows:

Title:  SO PROUDLY WHE HAIL (The Free Spirit of 76) - - - 19TH INTERNATIONAL RALLY WBCCI JUNE 28 – JULY 4, 1976 LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY

Copyright:  1976 By – International Publications

Rallybook created by George Sempel/Photography By Stevens Kilgore

I have really be surprised by the amount of information included in the publication, and I have learned several things about Rally activities about which I had been curious.

Kevin D. Allen

1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban

1978 Argosy Minuet

1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)

WBCCI/VAC #6359