[VAC] Re: Dumpiing & Sagging coach

Having built quite a bunch of raceing Hydroplanes  as well as fiberglass sail boats I think I undderstand monocque construction quite wellWhen you build a light hull under 100lb and expect it to hold togeather at speeds in the excess of 100mph you  nees to have a small understanding othe forces it is subjected to . I have seen un baffeled fule tanks litteraly tare themselves loose that is tre resoning behind the statement that 3/4 to1/2 fukk holding tanks put a greater strain on the structure than full ones the sloshing back and forth of the liquid in the tank exert conciderable force on the structure. also the pendulum effect that the tanks are at the very rear compounds the effect.
I may not have had 37 years with Airstream but in 50+ years in somewhat related fields I tont think I am A complete fool
Jim Smith