[VAC] Dent Eraser

This is definitely for the real metal benders among us...
I was half listening to the radio the other day and heard of a device that
took dents out of tuba and saxophone plumbing... It is the Dent Eraser by
C. G. Conn and can be checked out at   www.unitedmusical.com   click on C.
G. Conn and then on Literature/Catalog....

The idea is to use a strong magnet on the outside and a steel ball on the
inside... a .pdf is available that shows the thing in use... I know this
would mean taking off the inside panel, but so would any other kind of
method that I know about... I would think that the aluminum would be softer
than the brass on a tuba and would "roll out " fairly easily... maybe too
much...

If anyone decides to try this , I would like to know how much success if
any....

Good Erasing

Jim Clark