[VAC] Intellivolts & cork floors

My distinguished colleagues :
I have two questions tonight for the assembled cognoscenti
1) I have bit nails in two over my new Intellivolt 9000 55 amp unit failing to charge the battery or power the 12V stuff.  If I charge the Delco 12V battery (new) w/ an external charger it runs the lights & stereo 2 or three days
 I think the Intellivolt has a problem but need to know how to be sure ( I also suspect the wiring).
2) I need to rip out the hi-lo shag & put in some cork or linoleum Any thoughts on that? My floor is so solid (yippee)
Jeff Miller (PhD in nothing useful to trailer restoration)
69 Overbudget
01 Duh-rango