[VAC] Toilet replacement for the '74 Argosy 22

Hi All,

Still monkeying around with a toilet replacement for my '74 Argosy 22.

I visited the www.marksrv.com and www.sun-mar.com to view the Sealand RV toilets.

The model 511+ seems to be the only one that will fit the site.  However, one important measurement is missing in the toilet dimensions.  The distance from the center of the outflow to the rear most projection of the toilet is 10 1/4 inches.  ( The 2011+ is 10 5/8 inches.)  The same measurement for the original Thetford Aqua Magic is 10 inches.  I measure the rough in dimension in the Argosy as  10 1/2  inches.  The important missing measurement is the distance from the center of the outflow to a perpendicular to the lid hinge.  With the old Thetford, I measure 6 inches.  The Sealand 511+ lacks this measurement.  This is critical because rear of the toilet sits under a ledge and the hinge must be forward to allow the lid to lift to a vertical position.

Has anyone made a replacement of the Thetford with a Sealand unit in a similar bathroom layout?

Also, the Sealand weighs in at about 40 pounds, much like the weight of the Thetford Aqua-Magic Aurora.  For those of you with the style of bathroom that puts the holding tank on top of the floor and the toilet on top of the tank, is there concern about damaging the holding tank?  Is additional support necessary?

                               '74 Argosy, Joy