[VAC] Re: Gina ndelicate Answer and more than you want to know

Thanks Tom,
yes we do have a composter specifically for that purpose. it is a drum made
by I think SunMar, we use the macerator to pump it in with. mixed with peat
moss in certain amount, composted, dryed and processed with a blower and a
heating element and then processed in a staging bin. the composter cost
about $1000 and will accomadate up to 6 people full time. you would think we
would have compost running out of our ears, but with 2 adults and 2 kids we
produce about 1.5 gallons of dry crumbly not too smelly fertilizer a month.
the drum was meant to be installed in a home or cabin but easily adapted to
our system with the help of our macerator. althought we will have to have a
septic when our house is built the composter is making our life so much
easier now that we don't have to haul 40 gallons of liquid poop in our jiffy
blue holding tank 15 miles to the nearest RV park. plus those slinkys always
sprouted holes and we ended up wiht raw sewage on the ground at some point
in varying amounts. one time when dumping with the slinky into the blue
thing it was cold and I guess the slinky was brittle as a result and it
split, shooting copious amounts of waste until I  was able to get to the
shut off valve to the black water tank. I SCREAMED it was UGLY I was FOUL
for a WEEK!!!!!!I decided that was enough! I just could not do that for 2
years while building my house and deciding the placement for the septic. So
there is the FULL story and surely more than anyone EVER wanted to know.
Greetings,
Gina et al
1971 soveriegn full timer