[VAC] Re: Update on TV antennae gear replacement

Hi Joy,

After following this thread and considering what I'd do, I might be inclined
to use Charlie's suggestion - PLUS brighten up all the aluminum junctions on
the antenna where the TV signal is captured and funneled to my TV's lead
wire.

If the original antenna system worked fine when it was new and if it still
works now (although not so fine), then a little rejuvenation seems like a
logical first step before immediately going to the bottom line of tossing
out the old and giving myself a new project.

When there's a possibility that with minimal revitalization, the old antenna
might be returned to an acceptable level of functioning, I perk up. The
capability for directionally honing in on a TV station's signal is a real
advantage that I'd like to keep.

Let us know what you do and how it turns out, would you? If restoration
works for you, that's a piece of information all of us could use.

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net