[VAC] Re:

We met at the R 4 rally this summer. We were the ones with a new to us 1958
22' Caravanner (Not polished). My city water connection is like yours in
that the fill cap was modified to accept a garden hose. I put a Surflo pump
in the pressure line between the fresh water tank & the sink. I put a Surflo
disc type filter in the line too. The pump's 12 volt power is controlled
with a simple on / off switch and the pump has it's own pressure switch.
When boondocking & we want water pressure I flip the switch on & the pump
builds pressure until it's own pressure switch cycles it on and off as
needed. During the 12 volt pumping times I leave the filler cap's garden
hose connection open to allow air into the tank, (Iv been thinking about a
bug screen for that area).  When there is city water pressure available, I
leave the 12 volt switch in the off position & ignore the pump, the city
water passes right through the idle pump & filter.
It works for me.
John Young
WBCCI & VAC # 6034