[VAC] Re: door gasket & brakes

Steve,

You can go to www.airstreamparts.com to see the gasketing that Inland RV
sells for the '58-'63 trailers. If it matches I would purchase enough to do
all the doors. If it does not match, you may have the gasketing that my
trailer does. I will send a pick off-list. The foam weather-stripping falls
apart too fast for my liking.

As for your Jeep: Somehow Jeeps have this aura of being able to tow
anything. Whether it will tow your trailer safely/reliably depends on the
size and weight of your trailer and what your vehicle is rated to tow.
Notice I did not say that all '93 Grand Cherokees are rated to tow "X"
amount, because I do not know that, and if Jeep is like the rest of the
industry the tow rating varies dramatically depending on the options the
vehicle has. Perhaps a call to Jeep with the serial number will give you the
info on your vehicle.

I highly suggest loading your trailer (along with a full water tank) as you
would normally to go camping and tow the trailer to the nearest public
scales to see how much you are asking the Jeep to tow. It does not take much
time or money. Just to give you a ballpark figure, my '60 Overlander (26
footer) weighs in just under 5000# when loaded even though the published
empty weight is only 3250#.

About the brakes...most people opt to replace the hydraulic brakes with
modern electrical ones.

Scott