[VAC] 1978 Argosy Umbilical Cord Wiring Advice

Greetings All!

Thanks to all who responded to my request for information regarding
wiring color codes for the Argosy umbilical cord.  The connector did
indeed need to be rewired before I could tow the trailer home - - the
backup lights were the only operational lights when first plugged in.  I
am not fond of doing electrical wiring, but with the assistance of
listees, I was able to get the wiring connected in very short order - -
your assistance was greatly appreciated.

I must admit that I was totally amazed at how well this little gem
towed.  The hitch head was much too high, but the trailer still tracked
straight and never exhibited any tendency to sway over 220 miles that
included a fair amount of heavy truck traffic and some gusty cross winds
- - this was without using any sway control and without equalizer bars.
The Suburban didn=92t even seem to know the trailer was there - - of
course the trailer was only about =BC of the Suburban=92s trailer tow limit
of 10,000 pounds.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359