[VAC] Rolite Prepolish vs Nuvite G6

Thought this would be of general interest:

I have been working on the coarsest round of polishing on the Bambi.
Initially I bought the whole lineup of Rolite products.  The Pre-polish was
$39.95 plus shipping for two pounds.  As I got going I ran into pitting,
scratches and grey areas and was working very hard to get some panels to
look good.  I had read about the Nuvite products and their G6 product
sounded very aggressive so I bought a pound of it.  At $48.75 per pound
including shipping it was expensive but I was hoping it would reduce my
workload proportionately.  Long story short these are both fine products
that cut the regular oxidation but both my son and I preferred the Rolite
pre-polish for the really tough stuff.  The particles in the G-6 are
designed to become less abrasive as you polish.  Our sense was that this was
happening too quickly on the tough areas.  Repeated polishing of the bad
areas always seemed to get farther with the Rolite.  The advantage of the
G-6 was that the swirls are less apparent.  They say some people go directly
from G-6 to their final polish.

As background: Our trailer had not been polished for a long long time.  It
had no clear coat.  I was compounding with a Makita 7" polisher at 1500 rpm.
(model 9227C - very powerful nice tool.  I really appreciated the D shaped
handle.  Unfortunately it comes with a velco pad so you have to buy the bolt
on pad, nut and wrench to use it with the bolt on bonnets.)
Bonnets were from Lake Country  Manufacturing.  (Very tough and highly
satisfactory)

This is very hard work but it is like bringing the trailer back from the
dead.  Very satisfying.

Dick
'62 Bambi