[VAC] Veneers and panelling

Damn Don, that is more work than I would have considered even when I was a
yonker as the Duke was wont to say.<G>.
I do like the idea of using Birch panelling as it CAN have gorgeous grain, is
light in color but can be stained as I have done in my living room, to match all
the birch doors in my house.  Wife is always wanting to paint it white! grrr.
the day I die, is probably when she calls in the kids and hands them paint
rollers.

Oak is nice if it is flecked as in quarter sawn but that kind of veneer is quite
expensive.  if we are going to replace the wood surfaces thru out the trailer,
there is virtually no limit to what can be done and is even available from
people/companies such as Constantine's.  even flame grain mahogany...  if you
can afford it, you can certainly buy it.  in fact, you can use different veneers
for each "room" of your trailer.  even the under-overhead cabinet storage units
such as I keep pillows and clothes and other light stuff in.

rambling thoughts
chas

--
Charles L Hamilton,  chasm@schuetzen.net  Houston, TX
WBCCI #1130  VAC   S*M*A*R*T '76 Sovereign