[VAC] H20 on demand

My RV-500 on demand water heater was installed yesterday afternoon.  At
first we could not get the green light that signified 12 volts going into
the heater.  I called tech support at Precision Temp and he asked me what
type of charger I had.  I told him it was the original Univolt and he
ugghed.

    It was decided that we should go directly from the battery and sure
enough on came the green light and HOT water.  Left the coach for the night
and came back this morning to find the battery dead.  That would seem to
indicate a substantial draw from the RV-500 &/or no charging coming from the
Univolt.

    For now I have disconnected the water heater from the battery.  Can
anyone give me a sure fire way of checking Univolt output?  Is there an
on/off switch for Univolt?  I just looked at the inside of the Univolt panel
and one side of the big fuse red 35 amp fuse looks colored.  While I wait
and hope for a reply to this dillema I am going to cut power to the coach
and pry out that fuse.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park