[VAC] Cherokee RV and RM Rally

I'm tearing into the Sovereign to make it presentable for the RM Rally
crowd. I plan to park the '73 Sovereign face-to-face with my '66 Overlander,
pull out the Zip Dee awnings for the afternoon cocktail hour and let
everyone go through the Sovereign with suggestions. I originally planned to
sell the Overlander, but after spending a weekend in Cheyenne with my son, I
announced to my wife upon return that I was keeping both. She didn't resist;
she currently is using it at her English dressage event in Parker, CO and
loves those hot showers, sat dish and ac in the 100 degree weather. No
better place to cocoon.  Here's why she acquiest: I bought it for... ready
now.... $1 (not a misprint, one dollar). Guy wanted it moved to build a
garage on his place in Wyoming. Skin good, as is cabnetry, but water, AC/DC
power systems were gone. I replaced the copper water system with CPVC hand
tighten plumbing and am elephant testing now. I pulled it home on the
original tires and bearings OK and had CW replace the tires with Marathon
radials, and new bearings.I've ordered baby moon hub caps from JC Whitney
(http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=14983&BQ=jcw2).
The door lockset/latch was broken, went to RV Salvage near Cherokee RV in
Denver, walked in the place, a lady across the room yelled, "early 70's
Airstream....we don't have one". So I'm going to run up to Cherokee this
afternoon and try to find one.
Had the pleasure of bumping into  Bob and Shari Davis up at Terry Bison
Ranch and RV park and the Cheyenne Frontier Days last weekend. Just us two
a/s' taking in the buffalo herd and the largest rodeo in the world at CFD.
The Davis' will be at the RM Rally next week, and will also be featured in
an article in Denver's Rocky Mountain News 8/3 with Maxwell, their vintage
GT.
My son and I took a trail ride into a herd of Elk at Terry Bison's 43,000
acre ranch. Had to wait for the cows to find their calves to avoid being
charged as an earlier ride had experienced. Hard to believe this is only 2
hours from Denver. My son thought that was cooler than video games.
By the way, I still have a few spaces left for the RM rally at Elk Meadow
(http://www.elkmeadowrv.com/). Hopefully the elk won't charge us here, but
they are known to scoop up left out folding chairs in their antlers.  The
fires are out and the place is beautiful. If you are anywhere in the
vacinity of Colorado and want to join a great group of VAC-ers, contact them
above for reservations, even for a night or two. Tell them you're with the
VAC and they'll put you with us. We're having fresh Fat Tires (the kind you
drink), courtesy of New Belgium Brewing from Fort Collins, who own a vintage
a/s, and Gosar Organic Brats and sausage from Chris and Jill Gosar of Monte
Vista, CO (and newly weds spending their honeymoon with us in their 1951
Flying Cloud (do you  think they have other plans as well; we're not THAT
exciting?).
So, load'm and head'm up to Estes Park. VAC-ers from Florida to California
will be there.

Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
'73 Sovereign