[VAC] '74 Argosy Help! List

Hello, All:

I took the new '74 Argosy to the Racine Co. Fair for a "dry run" to see
how
it would hold up under the duress of the family. We were showing our
dairy
goats (4 blues, a Grand Champion, a Best of Breed, and a Reserve
Champion!). There are several things I'm seeking your advice on:

1. The air conditioner unit seems to be freezing up. Symptoms: Works
great
at night. In the morning, as the outside air warms, the a/c unit starts
lose effectiveness, cycles the compressor on and off more often, and
eventually blows hot air. Do I need to clean the coil? If so, how do I
access it? It seems to be original equipment, but I'm not sure.

2. Plumbing Issues: A previous owner let the unit freeze up, hard. I've
already replaced the hot water heater, lots of pipe, and re-sweated many
connections. It pretty much holds water until I turn on the valve sending
water to the toilet and the shower. The toilet (a plastic number, foot
flush) doesn't do anything, and there is a leak behind the cold side of
the
shower faucet. Probably another joint that's popped, but I see no way to
access the fixture so that I can repair it! The plastic cowling seems to
be
caulked in place, with no access doors or screws to be found. How do I
access the back of the shower faucet fixture? How do I get access to the
toilet innards to see what's wrong there?

Thanks in advance!

David Thompson
'74 Argosy