[VAC] Tire Information

Hello - If you happened to miss the following information that resulted from
a couple of questions that two of us recently brought up on the Airstream
List -  I thought I'd repeat it here.  It could be of interest to you.

It is about tires.

First -

If you go to http://www.goodyear.com/media/pr/lre0280.html

you can read the information they provide about -

"Proactive Tire Replacement 15 passenger vans"
"NHTSA to close investigation on Load Range E"
"Goodyear targets proactive 15-passenger van tire replacement"

I came across other articles - on different sites - relating to this
situation - but this is a place to start your own research if you are
interested.

Second - I asked for info on the concept regarding "friction activated
inhibitors" in tires.  I'd seen mention of this on the FAQ page of the VAC
site and I'd also seen another reference to it someplace else - but I
wondered "just how does it work".
Several answers resulted - and it's really very interesting - and you'll
also be able to ad another word to your "crossword vocabulary" if you've not
seen this particular definition of "blooming".  The information that came
about seems to be similar and it appears on numerous sites related to
automotive maintenance geared towards exterior upkeep.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7459/techtalk6.htm#article2

also
www.millertire.com     -     click on "repairs / supplies" and scroll down
to Sunscreen for Tires