[VAC] Stove

I need to replace the Magic Chef stove in my '71 Safari. An A/S dealer said
any gas stove which fit the space would be OK. I found an apartment size
stove which would fit but the pilot light in the oven has to stay on. You
can't turn it off. Hence that wouldn't work. Also I think that you would have
to convert it somehow to work off LP gas instead of natural.

I'm trying to get a cheaper replacement than those advertised in RV catalogs.
Any suggestions?

Jeanne