[VAC] Re: Trailer Brake Aggressiveness

Greetings Marc!

I wish that I could help with identification, but since I didn't perform
the install myself I am unaware of how the rating is identified on the
part.  I guess that was one advantage of working with a non-Airstream
service facility as they asked my opinion of all proposed repairs which
is how I learned about the rating system.  My suspicion is that you may
have been sold magnets for a tandem rather than a single axle which
could explain a big difference as at least in '64 the tandem brake
magnets were 4,000 pound aggressiveness rating.

I suspect that a service facility that works with farm/utility trailer
may be able to clear up the identification issue.

Good luck in solving the mystery!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359