[VAC] Freeze damaged plumbing help and welding plastic information

Hi All,

While attempting to restore the water system in the '74 Argosy 22, I found
that the lines that pass behind the plastic panel to the mixing valve.
There's a recessed storage bin behind the toilet seat covered by a padded
back rest that is hinged.

I'm thinking to cut out the storage bin as the padded back rest would cover
any patch I had to make.  When I do this, I have to be sure that I can reach
the mixing valve.

OTTO, I could just go ahead and cut the mixing valve out and pull the
plumbing out.

I'm sure other's have done this and would really like to hear about
experiences and problems.

I'm also purchasing the Harbor Freight "plastic welder" with three types of
rods.  HF lists a gray PVC, a green PC PP, and a white PC ABS rod
availability.  Seems like the panel should be beige ABS.  A weld of white
ABS might be decorative? :)

I'm thinking that the mixing valve attachment to the plastic is plywood
backed and that might complicate my plan.  Any knowledge of this aspect of
freeze damage restoration?

I was informed one time that each pipe must be measured after a freeze to be
sure it is sound.  Found on the basin risers that the pipes were expanded
from 3/8 inch tube to something that nothing fits!  :(

                            '74 Argosy 22, Joy
                            WBCCI 1666