[VAC] bungee cord your door

I'm really sorry to hear about the fellow whose door
got flattened when it sprang open at highway speeds.
I've never mentioned this before because I figured
everyone does it--but I always bungee cord my door.
It's actually on the "pre-flight checklist" I made up.

The key is to get a cord of just the right length (a
nice AS blue isn't bad, either). Then you can go from
the courtesy handle, around the knob, and back to the
handle.  This makes it fast and easy. You don't want
it pulling too hard on the knob.  It only needs a
little tension to be effective, especially since it is
doubled up. You also don't want to wrap the thing
around the knob three times to get enough tension.
Either situation can exert too much force on the knob.

I hope this saves someone's door.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander