[VAC] Re: Advice re trailer damage

Amanda,

To keep the original look you will need to replace the panel.  This
should not be too big of a deal except for the cost of materials, time,
etc.

The "only" problem you might encounter with a replacement panels is that
I don't think "todays" panels will ever match the color correctly.

If I'm mistaken please correct me, but I don't think "todays" panels are
clad aluminum and they are a darker color.

However, take heart ... clad aluminum of the same grade can be bought
and cut to fit from any place that sells aluminum to aircraft repair
facilities.  Clad aluminum is used in all US made aircraft as far as I
know.  Airbus Industries uses 'unclad' aluminum and that is why ALL
Airbus Industries planes are "painted".  Bet you didn't know that! ;)

Tom in NC