[VAC] New owner hello

Hi, all,

I've been lurking and reading the archives (great sources of information
this list is!), and just thought I'd say hello now that I'm the new owner
of
a '68 Safari.  I'm just getting to know it, but I think my first goal will
be to
polish.  Its skin seems to be in pretty good shape, but the clearcoat is
going, especially toward the top.  From the archived messages, I've
decided on a strategy of spraying ammonia (should this be full
strength, or diluted?) on the upper regions to see whether I can get any
off that way, then switching to the Aircraft remover (again, do you use
this full-strength?) once I hit a brick wall.  (I'd like to keep my use of
the
Aircraft to a minimum, given that it appears to be highly toxic. )   So I
guess my first questions to this list are: 1) is this the best strategy, 2)
what do I use to scrape off the residue (wooden spatula? rags? or...) ,
and 3) I know I read somebody saying don't even bother to try stripping
or polishing above a certain ambient temperature - what was that
temperature?  (Yes, it was 105 degrees here today!)

Best,

Amanda
'68 Safari (isn't that fun to type!)