[VAC] Re: Refrig and water heater questions

sorry I got in on the tail end of this strain but I will add my 2 cents
worth. My hot water heater in my 1971 was shutting itself off and I kept
having to relight it . thought something was wrong with the thermastat until
I read some of the mostly rubbed off instructions and warnings on the
unit(when in doubt read the directions is a lesson I am still struggling
with) anyway it seems that there is a shutoff mechanism and when the water
gets dangerously hot the unit shuts down and has to be lighted again. I
turned the thermastat down and it has'nt shut off yet. thought you might
like to know.
Gina