[VAC] Re: Refrig and water heater questions

Check with www.rvmobile.com They have extensive information on RV
refrigerators. Their site provides some very good tech info and you can also
buy parts. I have a 1976 Sovereign and probably have the same Dometic unit.
Although I always use the electric power option I have run it on gas by
lighting the pilot from the outside compartment door. I don't think my
"striker" works either.

As for the hotwater heater you can have the entire gas control/thermostat
replaced. It is probably not a do it yourself project since there is a
special tool used to remove it. I had mine replaced by my local A/S repair
shop. Not very expensive. Replacing the hot water heater is a real project
and can be costly. So if the unit is in good shape, consider replacing the
thermostat.

Good Luck

Don Hardman