[VAC] Re: Battery question

When it comes to safety, there is no room for flexibility. Our aviation
industry would be in shambles if they used "solid" wire.
10 gauge wire, regardless of being solid or stranded, carries the same amount
of current. The more strands, the more flexible.
I for one, cannot imagine the feeling I would have, when I applied the
trailer brakes to make a panic stop, only to find that they didn't work,
because of a broken single strand wire.
Simple "ohms law" does not agree with your "understanding."
The real purpose of this site, as well as others, is to exchange information
and knowledge, for the benefit of others AND especially for the beginner.
Posting of any information that is incorrect or misleading can influence some
of those that may not have the background of others.
It is for that reason, that Dr. G, and I disagree with you.
We do live in a free country, and can do most anything we want to. However,
if we do something that causes injury to a person or other property, we
become IMMEDIATELY LIABLE, PERIOD.
Furthermore, check with as many dealers as you wish, and you won't find a
single one of them that uses "solid wire." The liability is horrendous.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com