[VAC] Re: 1960 bucket of bolts

Hi Jill,

Welcome back. It's great that you now have your own rig. You never sounded
like someone to sit on her duff and just talk.

To your question, if it was me, I'd go with an electric one. Of course, that
means wiring and that means a battery and that means a source of power to
keep the battery charged and that means ..........   you get the idea.

Then, comes the part where you unbolt the old jack (or hire someone to burn
the bolts out for you because they're frozen in place), buy the new electric
jack and ooops - the holes are in a different place (just slightly but the
new jack won't fit).  Are you still in the game?

Thus, if I were you, I'd stay with a hand crank as a transition phase until
the "scattered pink appliances, piles of cupboard doors and drawers, and
various stashes of miscellaneous pieces and parts" are assembled in their
respective places and progress is becoming evident to anyone who sees your
"before" pictures.

That will provide more time for your winning lottery number to come in.
<grin> You may have heard me say it before; I prefer to play conservative
with my money when I'm spending physical energy on routine tasks. Also,
others on this list have said many times how easy it is to throw money at
our Airstreams. If you've got it, throw it. If not, budget it.

More answer than you wanted? Click - click and it's deleted.

Have fun and yes, it's good to see you're back,

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net