[VAC] Electrical mystery

We were rather surprised when we encoutered the same problem with our 1964
Globetrotter as you are now having.

If you have a 1964 manual you will see that the wiring diagram shows that it
is supposed to be 19 V AC to the water pump and roof vent fan and 12V AC to
the lights when operating on shore power. When you are on battery power
these circuits are 12 V DC.

If you do use your trailer on both AC and battery power, this would be a
good time to consider upgrading to a modern battery charger/power supply.
It is amazing how much electronics have changed since 1964!

If you don't have a manual you can download a 1964 wiring diagram in PDF
format from the link below.  From this same site I have links for
Intelipower and also an explanation of why we replaced our 1964 Univolt.
http://globetrotter64.home.att.net/sources.htm

Good luck and have fun!

Arlen & Shirley Manning Napa CA
1964 Globetrotter