[VAC] BUSTED PROPANE LINES

Hi

A word of caution

Yesterday evening while watching TV I heard a loud POP followed by what
sounded like a jet engine outside my trailer.

I ran outside to discover that one of the pigtail connection from my LP tank
to the regulator had come apart.  A brass fittings at one end had slipped
out of the rubber tubing.  I quickly and carefully turned off the valve on
the propane tank and have changed all of the rubber lines on the LP system.

I bought the trailer about 2 years ago and had made a mental note to change
all of the rubber LP lines but just neglected to do it.  Fortunately I was
home when the line burst.  I cringe at the thought of what could have
happened if I was not there. Even though propane is heavier than air and
will settle,  this connection was very close to the front window which was
wide open and the force of the propane shooting out could have very easily
filled the trailer with gas.

The trailer could have been replace but not my very good dog Sheba.

Please don't put off changing those lines, as I had done.

Regards,
Noah
1974 A/S AMB 29'