[VAC] Re: Deadbolt FUD?

Since it's probably not appropriate for Andy to post the link, I'll do it -
i have no connection to Inland RV:

http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/ - second from the bottom, and it even has a
photo.

This looks like a great solution to the main door latch issue.

FWIW, way back in the '70's, when i was full-timing in a '65 GlobeTrotter, i
simply removed the entire doorknob/latch mechanism, and replaced it with a
Schlage keyed deadbolt. Thereafter, the door had no knob or handle, and
could only be opened (from the outside) with the key. I really liked this
arrangement. As i recall, i had some serious hand-grinding and filing to do
to make the receiver opening for the bolt, but when the new striker plate
was JB welded and screwed into place, i figured the door-frame was stronger
than ever...

BTW, this was the GT which was stolen in 1979 by the young couple who were
subletting it from the guy to whom i was renting it... it was a very clean
GT, the deadbolt entry is/was the only distinguishing feature (visible from
the outside)... so, whenever i see a '60's GT, the first thing i look at is
the doorknob.

Tuna