[VAC] 1960 bucket of bolts

to all of you who thought you got rid of me...
i’m BACK! and this time i actually have my very
own vintage airstream to talk about... a 1960
tradewind, which i have *lovingly* dubbed my
little “bucket of bolts,” due to the current
interior view - which consists of scattered pink
appliances, piles of cupboard doors and drawers,
and various stashes of miscellaneous peices and
parts.

i am also in the market for my very first new
part! WOO-HOOO.. a new tongue jack - the crank
broke off in my hand as i was attempting to free
my truck from the trailer after getting it home -
i like to think of this little incident as
“vintage airstream owner initiation.” if i’m
wrong, please giggle quietly to yourself and let
me have my pipe dream. SOOO, what exactly am i
looking for when i go to buy one? is there a
standard size/type for a ‘60 tradewind or is this
one of those extra fun non-standard replacement
parts?

i considered going with an electric one...
comments?

also, from what i can see, it is just bolted on.
i should be able to secure the tongue and unbolt
it? please let it be as easy as it looks. i'm
just a newbie.

Jill Hari
Eugene, Salem, & Depoe Bay, Oregon
1960 Tradewind (wow, i finally have.. sort of a
title!!!)