[VAC] Re: Table laminate surface renewal

Easy to do laminate yourself- no removal necessary. old surface is excellent
for this.  Buy your replacement, cut to size if possible, plus some contact
cement, & dowels. lightly sand old surface, then apply cement (brush/roller)
to both surfaces, allow to dry separately. Lay dowels down, spaced , then
new laminate. Remove dowels one-by one and carefully monitor position, as it
is a one-shot deal. Edges can be trimmed with a laminate trimmer/router, or
filed in downward direction.
This procedure is often on home do-it-yourself shows, Or look in books. Last
time I cut my piece with a carbide blade on a table saw, slightly larger,
then filed after it was adhered. Take into consideration edging removal
beforehand if any, etc, then replace after.

Good luck with your project,
Jere Potter
Fort Collins, CO