[VAC] floor repair

I just finished doing the front of ours and decided to take it to the first
seam.  I think this allows the new floor to contribute to the structural
strength since it can be tied directly to the cross members of the frame.
After I pulled out the old floor (save for a pattern) I put spacers under
the body at the frame and cross members to prevent any sag.  I would
recommend this as there did seem to be a tendency for the shell to settle.
Although I did mine from the inside with a seam down the middle on the
center steel I would think you could push the entire piece in from the
outside once the trim and belly are off.

Incidently I was also disappointed in the way the old floor was pulled down
to meet the irregular positioning of the cross pieces of the frame.  I cut
treated shims to level this out in the area I replaced.  I also sealed the
edges of the new wood with penetrating epoxy and painted them.  My rot was a
result of water following the tongue structure through to the floor so I
sealed that area very carefully inside and out with vulcem.

Good Luck!

Dick
'62 Bambi