[VAC] Re: water pump and pressure regulator

James,

My 72 Trade Wind had problems getting water to the rear sink and the
kitchen pressure was low and spluttered and gurgled along. Also, the
pump never built up enough pressure to automatically shut off when the
faucet was closed.

I'm not sure of the price for the rebuild kit but I bit the bullet and
bought a new shureflo pump. This gets up to pressure in seconds and
gives a smooth flow to both sinks, it is also a lot quieter in operation
than the original PAR pump. You can get it online here
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/12voltpotable.html for $67, I bought mine
from a local RV dealer, it was a little more expensive but I was in the
store anyway. The 'o' ring on the original filter is also a place to
look for air leaks. They get dry and perished over time. You can get a
filter designed for the shurflo for another $10.

Fitting was simple, no more than 10 minutes. It was money well spent in
my opinion. As a side effect I now have a running, but not very well PAR
pump if anyone wants it for the price of shipping.