[VAC] Re: table laminate surface renewal

FWIW, I had my (house) kitchen countertops redone.
According to the installer, you can put a new layer of
formica right over the old one IF the old is firmly
attached and is only a single layer.

That work was done about five years ago and looks good
today.

If you DIY, plan on buying a sheet of formica and some
contact cement.  Rough up the old stuff with
sandpaper.  After the new stuff is down, use a special
router bit for laminate trim.  (Obviously, you'll need
a router or it's compact cousin--the laminate
trimmer.)  It's about as straightforward a laminate
job as you can do--no fancy shapes and you can remove
the top so that all the edges are easily accessible.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander