[VAC] Re: removing black floor adhesive from 59 Traveler

Hi,
I'm taking on the floor...but the local advice I've found says leave the old
floor in place because of the nasty black tar adhesive that penetrates any
other flooring I'd put over it.
So, I see that many of you have redone your flooring.  What did you use to
remove the black stuff after you got the tiles up?
Also...if using vinyl would you use tiles or roll...and what would you use
to hold the edges down?
I'd appreciate your advice and experience.
Thank you.
Cindy
59 Traveler