[VAC] Re: Air conditioner removal

OK Since the most experienced voices have not yet responded, the blind will
attempt to lead the blind.  Like yourself I am preparing to remove my A/C.
I've had the benefit of getting several professionals to bid the job and I
tapped their brain.  There will be a 14" x 14" hole of the standard size for
a vent or Fantastic Fan.  When you say you want to put solar panels "in this
spot" you preclude using a vent which will increase your interior and
exterior finishing.  I'm going with the Fantastic Vent.

I am planning to install solar panels but definitely not the rigid kind.  I
already know that they are the most efficient but I don't want a rigid flat
panel on top of my coach.  I have chosen Uni-Solar flexible mats (panels).
They are designed to follow the curve of the coach and can be fastened with
grommets that are built into the mat.  I estimate that I can put three 32
watt panels overhead, one aft and two forward of the newly installed
Fantastic Vent.  I understand and accept that I will never get all of the
curved panel to see the sun but there will always be a percentage charging.
My lifestyle is such that I am conservative in my use of electricity.

Someone else should know the Airstream library link.  Good luck.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA